Objectives of OCI
To create a national register of professional optometrists via individual registrations
- Development and Implementation of a standard national curriculum for optometry
- Development and Implementation of optometry school accreditation document and lobbying with accreditation bodied like NABH and
- Development and Implementation of “Best Practice Standards” and popularize comprehensive eye examination to practitioners
- Promotion of Indian optometry among national and international organization's
- Task force to look at a pathway to upgrade existing diploma holders.
- How does the Optometry Council of India bring benefit to the profession of Optometry?
Optometry Council of India benefits the profession of Optometry by:
- Setting uniform standards
- Regulating the profession
- Enhancing placement opportunities for registered optometrists
- Offering CE credits by accrediting CE programs so that professionals acquire current knowledge.
- Register qualified optometrists and maintain a register of optometrists.